Sunday, February 1, 2009

Coby & Chris are Doin' It Big!

Hey Guys!

I’ve been gone for a minute...but I’m back now! No seriously, I apologise for the delay in my post but everything’s okay again...because Colby O’Donis is here!

Who’s Colby O’Donis I hear you ask? Well if you didn’t know, he’s the 19 year old RnB singer-songwriter that music mogul Akon has managed to lock in his case of artists, signed under the label ‘Kon Live’. I was extremely surprised to hear how old this guy actually was, as his talent seems so mature and his voice is technically sound.

Colby hasn’t just popped up from nowhere though. At the age of nine he worked with the hit-makers responsible for Backstreet Boys, N*Sync and Britney Spears to name a few, developing his craft and homing in on his song-writing ability. He was even asked to sign a record deal with Babyface’s label at the tender age of 15!

To cut a long story short, this guy has done so much in so little time it amazes me...supporting artists such as JoJo, Brian McKnight and N*Sync...collaborating with Justin Timberlake...he even worked with Michael Jackson in the legend’s own studio, releasing the single ‘Your Love in My Life’...What more can I say? As soon as I heard his voice early last year, I just knew he was going to be huge, and was so excited about him. I can imagine the fight that the major labels must have had to secure him and Akon the Convict won (although his label is in conjunction with Interscope)!! Coby is, of course, featured in the bridge of label-mate Lady Gaga’s hit ‘Just Dance’, but here’s some of the material he also released last September from his debut album ‘Colby O’:

‘Dont Turn Back’




My Fav...'So Beautiful’ with Akon...listen out for Coby’s backing vocals and lead on the second verse!



Sorry guys, I was so excited that I had to tell you all about CHRIS CORNELL whilst I’m here. This is what happens when I’m gone too long...there’s too much to say mayn! Not sure if you know who he is, but Chris Cornell was the lead singer and songwriter of rock bands SoundGarden and Audioslave back in the 90s....and guess who he’s been working with? Yep...Timberland (of course)! Timbo’s produced his new album, ‘Scream’, set for release early this year. I heard Chris’ debut single ‘Part of Me’ a few days ago, and knew it was going to be huge! I think it sounds a bit ‘Prince-ish’ mixed with some Maroon 5 melodies...Unfortunately the video hasn’t been released yet, but as soon as it is...Hustle ‘Ard will bring it to you!

‘Part of Me (That Bitch)’

No comments: