Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Beat 'Em Ups of all Beat 'Em Ups!!


Street Fighter is the best beat 'em up...standard! 

I remember hating disliking my older cousins for never letting me play Street Fighter II when it came out on the Super Nintendo. I still kinda resent them for initially only allowing me to play if i was E Honda or Zangief as they where mad slow and pretty whack! 

One day i decided to take all the dead legs and chinese burns from my cousins for forever 'making them get killed by M Bison' (whatever) as i was sure that after all the hours of watching them master Ryu and Ken's moves, i could give them a run for their money. Given my chance, I made sure 'ran up'! I now had their respect and was now able to play alongside them and their boys. I was 8 and i felt like a bad man! Since then Street Fighter has been my beat 'em up of choice and I'll defend the game till the end against all those Tekken fans! 

I dont often wait up till the early hours on friday mornings to cop the latest release from my local 24 hr Asda's unless its to get Pro Evo or Call of Duty but the following opening sequence has made me reconsider that!
 

No comments: