Thursday, March 12, 2009

Khan V Barrera...


Im a big Amir Khan fan, who in all honesty expected an upset when he fought Breidis Prescott back in September. I think that was largely due to the way the heavy hitting, unknown columbian was written off from a very early stage. Although not shocked at the defeat, i was shocked at the way Prescott made Khan look like bambi on ice!

Just a little reminder...

3 months then passed when Khan convincingly stopping Oisin Fagen in the 2nd round in December. My old man then told me that Team Khan were targeting Marco Antonio Barrera as his next opponent. I couldn't believe that they would be so stupid to even consider it...

This Saturday Amir Khan does indeed go toe to toe with an aging Mr Berrera. For me, this is a huge gamble to go against a boxer that boasts 43 KO's from 63 wins. Berrera is not the fighter he once was so Khans rapid hand speed and movement will be the key to victory but something tells me he faces a tough task ahead.

With Khan being only 22, what kind of effect will a loss to an aging star have on him? Some have said that he'll need to look for a new hobby...a bit harsh id say!

Has Khan got a chance?

No comments: