Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flappers and Fun: Cellar Door Vaudeville at The Last Days of Decadence.

So to hit off my first contribution I thought I would introduce you to a bawdy night of revelry I recently frequented. With live music galore this was a night not to be missed and for those who did there will be a repeat performance in the not to distant future. click here

I am not a wholesale supporter of fancy dress, but the 20’s vaudeville theme did lend the occasion a degree of class. The girls were elegant….



And the boys put on a good show too…
The night commenced with an avant-garde burlesque show. To what degree one could describe this as sexy depends on your personal leanings… “can I shit in your mouth” is not an offer I would typically find hot, or readily accept. But as they say horses for courses…



Continuing the theme there was a shoe buff boy,



which I made sure i utilised services… I fell over in the process, not so hot!



And a flower girl for all those lucky enough to have a not so cheap admirer….



The night was marked by the high standard of the numerous bands that played. Highlights for me were ‘the peeps’ with their fresh, ebullient style….





Check out their myspace page for upcoming gigs.
Click here

No comments: