Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lady Gaga

For those that don't know there's a new female artist on the scene. Her name is Lady Gaga and she is the protégé of none other than American go to guy for a hit, "Akon". I heard about the female, edgy, pop, solo artist a while back but Cam recently schooled me, so I looked in to her a little. She hasn't really blown in the UK yet, and I do emphasize "YET" as her debut single has already got over 20 million hits on YouTube, yes that right 20 MILLION! To put that into perspective that's like a 3rd of the UK's population.

Akon's influence is apparent on her debut single 'Just Dance' and I would suggest with the backing of the hit making artist/producer, she's going to be a huge success. I'd say she's a cool blend on Gwen Stefani and Katie Perry. So props to Akon and the protégé Lady Gaga, your Hustlin 'Ard!

Definitely one to watch...


No comments: