Tuesday, December 2, 2008

All The Single Ladies Are Pissed!

Why Don't Guys Talk To Girls Anymore?

Recently I've had a lot of complaints from girls, moaning that guys dont 'chat them up anymore'. And do you know what? I agree! Nowadays, young men really don't take the time to go up to a girl they like and ask them for a dance, or for their number (if this is in a club scenario). It's like there was a revolution about 3 or so years ago when men decided that they were too good-looking or had too much worth to go up and speak to a girl in a social environment! What changed? Did you all start to get better jobs with higher salaries? Did you go to the barbers more often or start to wear newer clothes? All I know is that the current situation is escalating, and single ladies are getting really upset. They're getting upset because they go out and prepare to look good for these social events; and I really don't believe that guys understand what work goes in to looking great nowadays. It's the hair, the makeup, the nails, the clothes, AND the shoes. I myself can admit to popping into Zara and buying a £60 dress before an event to 'look good'. So now these ladies are thinking: Whats the point in making the effort if guys dont?

This (nicely) leads me on to Beyonce's new track 'Single Ladies'. I really agree with the message in the song: "If you like it then you should have put a ring on it". These guys could potentially be missing the chance of a lifetime by thinking they were 'too good' to go and speak to a girl and spark up a relationship with her. I've also noticed that recently there are so many single females out there...Men, do something about it!

Moving on to the music side of things though; I really think that Beyonce has returned with a more well-though out and better-structured album. Unlike her last LP, 'B'Day', I think the 'I Am/Sasha Fierce' album illustrates an actual story and a method within the songwriting itself. The production on the album is sound and Beyonce's voice is better than ever. She always manages to come back with these annoyingly catchy singles that win us over every time!

This is hilarious- Justin Timberlake and Beyonce perform a parody of the Single Ladies video:




CAM

No comments: