Thursday, April 16, 2009

Because it’s Wednesday:



I somewhat operate on one day delay this week...That's what a bank holiday does to me. So this is meant for Wednesday.

So last week Wednesday I met up with my friend for some good old free gallery opening drinks.
We ended up in a gallery space, which happened to be the very first gallery I ever visited in London. The entrance consisted of a massive white wall with clean type saying “ A little piece of Mind”.




Walking further into the exhibition we ended up in a massive white room with a ridiculously long list of names of famous artist printed on the wall. On the far wall hung a massive quilt (or duvet in my eyes) and next to it a nice piece of graphic design pattern.





It turned out to be a private auction for this quilt, which was designed through contributions by each and every single designer mentioned on the wall. And honestly it wasn’t that impressive even though contributors were Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney and Swarovski.

We stayed for the auction (and some more cocktails) mingled with the PR lady who organized the event and finally chatted to the man who ended up spending nearly 10k on a duvet.

Got new business contacts, had a good hangover and saw the most expensive duvet ever. So all in all successful.

Here is the graphic pattern which I really would like to have on my living room wall:


Forgive the quality of the images, but they were taken on a phone :)

No comments: