Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beacuse it's Wednesday!

So here I am again a day delayed. Work is keeping me on my feet and networking has been at the forefront of my mind this week. So I am not going to visually stimulate you with fashion or great design but give a little advice on how to use networking properly!

Everyone is talking about how important networking is. I certainly do, and in my experience it helps to maintain and nurture relationships with people you meet.

Now social networking is not a new subject. But is facebook, Twitter, Myspace really a way to get ahead in business? Hmm I doubt it, so which online tools are there that can give you that chance to meet interesting people, or be invited to events that connects you to your desired industry? (apart from Hustleard of course ☺)

Starting off with ‘A small world’. I have been a member for a little while, and its purpose is to give people a chance to connect via events (social, business, and cultural), business ventures, and start nurturing relevant business relationships, that can assist you in you career endeavors.

Then there is LinkedIn. You don’t have an account yet? Get one! It is a business people directory. People have profiles, in which the main information provided is about people’s current and past jobs.

Xing is another business networking website… not as well established as LinkedIn but definitely worth a membership.

We all want to become successful, and sometimes it helps to meet people who can help you on your way. So fill your roladex with relevant contacts and get out there, business ain't that difficult.
It has helped me on numerous occasions to meet interesting people, or just simply to identify potential clients (some of which converted into paying business). The hardest part is to make sure you send them at least a Christmas card. So get networking!

No comments: