Friday, November 28, 2008

Thoughts on KANO

In my opinion UK’s grime artist Kano is one of the best, if not the best the UK has to offer. BUT does his back catalogue of tunes really justify that accolade? In my opinion NO. I’d have to say "P’s and Q’s" is probably the most iconic track he’s made to date, and for me that’s pretty disappointing, if you compare that to Dizzie or Lethal B. I’d go as far to say his mix tapes are far better than the albums and that isn’t a good look. Don’t get it twisted he’s my favourite M.C from day, well him and D Double E, and he’s one of the few that blew and I feel that he hasn’t really fulfilled his potential YET... What do you reckon?


1 comment:

Solve said...

I've gotta agree. Kano in my opinion is the most polished UK Grime artist we have. He came to my attention way back in '03 when he dropped Vice Versa, better known as Boys Love Girls and has held the top spot in my eyes since then and was a big fan of his debut album 'Home Sweet Home' but have found myself banging his mixtapes more than his subsequent albums.

Still No.1 for me though!