Friday, November 21, 2008

Juice on a school night...

I went down to Slam City Skates on Wednesday with one branch of the Family Tree (Phanz) to see the Vans Syndicate Exhibition. As a '08 vans wearer I thought it was only right for me to go down and check out what all the fuss was about. I promise the rumour of free drink and possible nibbles didn’t sway my decision to take a trip into London on a school night!

The exhibition was pretty good with a couple cool photos on show downstairs. The free beer was flowing and everyone seemed pretty merry! Tried to get this network ting popping off but vaguely remember phanz saying something along the lines of me being limp.....I wont elaborate on that although I probably should!

We then headed down to the after party at the Macbeth in Hoxton Street but not before a pit stop at KFC. Oh yeah....the drama trying to get to Old Street with the poxy Piccadilly Line on some joke ting was not a good look!

Finally got to the packed pub, got a quick drink and headed upstairs to the beer garden. On the way to the garden we saw the walls plastered with pictures on ladies on the toilet with there knickers down...obviously. I remember seeing the price list for those pics at £85 a pop!!!
Anyway, as we headed to the beer garden we managed to find a seat and got talking to this cool guy called Alan that works for the company that put on the snowboarding event at Battersea Power Station a few weeks back. His a keen skateboarder so I think I'll be in touch soon...

Back downstairs we, they started to play a bit of grime and flipped it and banged some Mobb...I went a bit nuts at this part! Shortly after a band came on but I can't remember their name....all I looked at was the drummer (no homo)....he was sick!!! Im learning to play the drums so was glad to see a talented drummer playing live.

11pm and living in South London with no Victoria Line...it was time to head home. Went out side the pub and noticed a chip shop next door. Went in and ordered a portion of chips and was mortified when the chippie said he didn’t have any onion vinegar!!! I know there's a credit crunch and its hurting the vast majority of people but the amount of chips that I got for my £1.30 was a joke ting. I swear, I got about 30 chips!!!! 30 chips and no sign of onion vinegar...the man could see that I wasn’t happy and tried to pass me his dry, stain up tomato sauce...joker!

Reluctantly ate the chips, jumped on the train from Old Street and went home. Apart from my experience at the chip shop it was a good night.

Make sure you check out the Vans Syndicate Exhibition down stairs at Slam City Skates before 12th January.

Not to self - walk with your camera!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So thats why nobody could get a word out of you at work yesterday, the juice got to your head! The xmas party is starting to look more appealing now...lol